We recently extended credit expiry dates to 30 June 2022.
Already redeemed the full balance of your credit? Your credit won’t be in the online tool, but your new E-ticket will have been sent to the email address provided when booking this new trip.
Redeeming your credit:
You can redeem a credit at any time by selecting 'pay with credit note' on the final payment page when booking new flights online.
What you need to know about your credit:
While there are limited options to fly internationally at the moment, your credit is valid until 30 June 2022. You can use it at any time up until then to book new travel. You will then have 12 months to complete your travel from the time you make the booking. For example, you may use your credit for flights up until 30 June 2023.
- Your credit is not restricted to the same route or type of journey that was originally booked.
- You can choose to purchase flights for yourself or someone else.
- You can redeem the credit against any flight available to book on the Air New Zealand website, and you will need to pay any remaining balance by credit card. A credit card fee will not be charged.
- If you don’t use the full value of your credit, the remaining balance will be available to view and use in the online tool for as long as the credit is valid.
- The refund rules that applied to your original ticket apply to your credit until it is used, in whole or in part. If you use a credit to purchase a refundable fare, any refund claimed will be returned to the form of the payment used to purchase that refundable fare and any portion paid using a credit will be returned to you as a credit (which may be used for as long as the credit remains valid). Once any portion of a credit is used, any credit remaining will not be refunded.
Full credit terms and conditions apply.
Using multiple credits? Our online credit tool supports the use of up to two credits per new booking. See our credit redemption page for ways to combine multiple credits to book new travel.