How to sell your hotel room on SpareFare
Do you have a hotel reservation you can no longer use? You can sell it to a fellow traveller and avoid paying the cancellation fees! The process is quick and easy.
Follow these steps to sell your hotel reservation on SpareFare:
- Check with your hotel if you can change the name of the main guest under the reservation and if you will have to pay any fees. If there are any fees to be paid the sellers cover these. Please bear this in mind when you accept a bid.
- Go to SpareFare.net and click on Sell Hotel Reservation.
- Fill in the required information. Give as much information as possible and a link to the hotel’s website. Be realistic about the asking price. The bigger the discount, the higher the chances that you’ll sell your hotel reservation.
- At the end you will be asked to register as a user and create a SpareFare account.
- Spread the word that you’re selling your hotel reservation via Facebook and Twitter and other social media platforms!
- You will receive an email when someone bids for your hotel room. If you are happy with the price offered you can accept the bid.
- In order to validate your reservation, we then ask you to forward us the confirmation email you received for your original booking.
- If you accept the offer, the buyer has 48 hours to place a final bid and send us the money for the hotel room. You will then have 48 hours from the time the buyer places the final bid to accept that final bid and transfer the reservation in the name of the buyer.
- You will receive a confirmation when the buyer sends us the money – only then you should proceed to transfer the hotel room in their name. If you or the buyer misses your time windows, the buyer has to reinitiate the process from the beginning.
- Call the hotel and change the name to the name of the buyer. Ask the hotel for a written confirmation of the name change. Send the confirmation to SpareFare.
- We will send you the money at the end of the hotel stay.
SpareFare does not charge any commission, so sellers keep all the money. However, please note we use PayPal for our money transfers. PayPal charges us money transfer fees – around 4% of the transferred sum, and we pass on these fees to the sellers.